Fire Door InspectionNFPA 80 requires annual fire door inspections
APV can provide an inspection of the fire rated swinging doors in your facility in accordance with the requirements of NFPA 80. This inspection should be performed annually and a signed written copy kept on file for your local AHJ. Confirming that all fire rated openings are functioning properly is a critical part of making sure your building occupants are safe. Upon completion of an inspection, you will be provided a list of any deficiencies with the estimated cost to correct them. You are under no obligation to have APV provide the corrections. The openings will be tested and visually inspected to assess the condition of the assembly.
Swinging Doors with Builders Hardware will be inspected to verify the following:
- No open holes or breaks exist in surfaces of either the door or frame.
- Glazing, vision light frames, and glazing beads are intact and securely fastened in place, if so equipped.
- The door, frame, hinges, hardware and non-combustible threshold are secured, aligned, and in working order with no visible signs of damage.
- No parts are missing or broken.
- Door clearances at the door edge to the frame, on the pull side of the door, do not exceed clearances listed in 4.8.4 and 6.3.1.
- The self-closing device is operating by verifying that the active door will completely close when operated from the full open position.
- If a coordinator is installed, the inactive leaf closes before the active leaf.
- Latching hardware operates and secures the door when it is in the closed position.
- Auxiliary hardware items, which interfere or prohibit operation, are not installed on the door and frame.
- No field modifications to the door assembly have been performed that void the label.
- Gasketing and edge seals, where required, are inspected to verify their presence and integrity.