About Architectural Products of Virginia
APV began operations in 1972 as a subsidiary of Oscar F. Henry Company which Mr. Henry opened in 1941 as a building products supplier in Charleston, West Virginia. In 1977, APV acquired Tom Jones Hardware in Richmond, Virginia which had been in business since 1922. Richmond soon became the center of operations for APV. The assets of Oscar F. Henry Company were sold in 1990 and it continues to operate in Charleston. APV continues to be owned and operated by the Henry family.
The Henry family continues to manage the day to day operation of APV and they are readily accessible to help any customer. It is this personal attention that has allowed APV to grow to become one of the premier door and hardware suppliers in the Virginia and Maryland area. As an authorized factory distributor of most of the manufacturers in the commercial door and hardware industry along with some of the most highly qualified door and hardware consultants, APV stands ready to satisfy today’s demanding requirements.